Vintage
2020
Grape varieties
100% Sauvignon Blanc
Size
75 cl
Review
93 Punkte James Suckling
92 Punkte Robert Parker

> More about the region Alto Adige (Südtirol)
> More about Kellerei St. Michael-Eppan

Sauvignon Blanc St. Valentin DOC Alto Adige

statt CHF 33.50 CHF 30.15 including VAT

Available in our shop at Kinkelstrasse: 8 bottles

Quantity
Artikel-Nr.: 13713


Delivery within 2 working days
Free delivery from 12 bottles or CHF 199
Personal advice +41 44 299 40 30

Character

Medium lemon with green reflections. Concentrated nose of yellow fruit, gooseberry, elderflower and ripe blackcurrant. Elegant and mouth-filling on the palate, with wonderfully pure acidity and exquisite fruit.

Winemaking

Late, selective manual harvest. Gentle pressing followed by fermentation of most of the juice (90%) in stainless steel, with subsequent maturation on the fine lees. Fermentation and maturation of the remaining 10% in oak.

Terroir

Fruit from various wineries in the heart of the traditional white wine area of Appiano Monte, cultivated at elevations of between 400 and 600 metres. The vines grow on exposed south- and south-east-facing slopes consisting of loamy limestone gravel, in immediate proximity to Sanct Valentin castle. They are low-yielding and aged between 10 and 25 years. Cool winds blow down from the mountains at night into the vineyards, helping to preserve acidity and aromas in the grapes.

Top